Windy Ridge Cottages
Terms & Conditions of Hire
- A contract between you and us the owners will come into existence when we receive payment and accept your booking by issuing a confirmation of booking for the holiday dates shown in the rental agreement. The contract binds you & all the members of your party. It is your responsibility to ensure that all members of your party accept the terms of the contract set out in these terms & conditions of booking. Failure to disclose all relevant information or comply with these terms may lead to termination of the contract & loss of the booking.
- A non-refundable deposit of £100 is payable at the time of booking. Bookings made less than six weeks before your arrival date must be accompanied by the full amount of the holiday charge and the £50 refundable damage deposit.
- The balance must be paid so as to arrive no later than six weeks before the commencement of your holiday. If the balance is not received by the due date then your holiday will be treated as a cancellation and you will remain liable to pay the balance of the rent.
- All cancellations must be immediately notified by telephone and then in writing. If you cancel your holiday more than 6 weeks before it is due to start then your deposit will be forfeit. If you cancel less than 60 days prior to the holiday then the full balance remains due and is not refundable.
- We strongly advise that you take out comprehensive travel insurance. If you choose not to then you accept responsibility for any loss that you may incur due to your cancellation.
- Your booking will not be cancelled by the owner except in exceptional circumstances beyond our control. Notification will be given of the cancellation as soon as possible and we will promptly refund all payments made for your holiday. Our liability for cancellation will be limited to payments made to us.
- The number of persons using the accommodation at any time must not exceed 2 and only those people listed on the booking form can occupy the apartment. We reserve the right to terminate the booking without notice and without refund in case of a breach of this condition.
- Bookings cannot be accepted from persons under eighteen years of age.
- We (the owners) reserve the right to refuse a booking without giving any reason.
- We reserve the right to enter the Cottage at any time to undertake essential maintenance or for inspection purposes.
- Tenancies commence at 2 pm unless otherwise agreed and guests are required to vacate the cottage by 10.30 am on the day of departure. This allows the accommodation to be thoroughly cleaned and prepared for incoming guests.
- On departure please leave the accommodation as you found it, clean dirty dishes etc.
- Smoking anywhere on the premises will result in immediate termination of occupancy and forfeiture of all payments. This must be strictly adhered to and any damage or extra cleaning caused by smoking will be at the expense of you. Smoking is allowed out side on the patio but please use an ash tray and don't put dog ends on the floor.
- If you have arranged to bring a pet (maximum 1 per cottage, unless otherwise agreed to) you must also agree to the additional pets terms and conditions relating to the same. If you have not received these, a copy is available on request or by clicking the orange button at the top of this page. Pets are not allowed to be left unattended in the cottages.
- Damage deposit – In making a booking you accept responsibility for any theft, breakage or damage caused by you or any member of your party and agree to indemnify us in full for any loss that we may incur as a result.
- Electricity is metered via a pay as you use £1 / £2 coin meter.
- Candles or any such naked flames are not permitted in the Cottages.
- Chip pans or fryers are not permitted in the cottages.
- The security deposit will be returned within 7 days of the end of your holiday less the cost of damage/breakages.
- Damage to property – Please treat the facilities & accommodation with due care so that other guests may continue to enjoy them. In the event that you notice damage in your accommodation please let us know immediately so that we can take the appropriate action. If there have been any breakages during your stay, we would be grateful if you could replace them or advise us before you leave. The accommodation will be inspected at the end of the holiday & you may be charged for any loss or damage found.
- Please ensure you lock the door and close the windows when you leave your property unoccupied.
- In the event of discovering a fire you should immediately alert all occupants of other cottages, close all doors & windows and dial 999 and inform the fire brigade and contact the owners on 07989 819478 / 07940 764635.
- The owner reserves the right to make a charge to cover additional cleaning costs if the client leaves the property in an unacceptable condition.
- Please note that in the event that any keys issued are not returned at the end of your stay, then the cost of replacement will be charged to you.
- The client may in no circumstance re-let or sublet the property, even free of charge.
- We reserve the right to terminate a holiday without compensation where the unreasonable behaviour of the persons named on the booking (or their guests) may impair the enjoyment, comfort or health of others.
- This property is privately owned and we expect all guests to enjoy the facilities and treat the property with the same respect that they would with their own house.
- By booking you are accepting these Terms and Conditions
If you have any questions or queries at all, please feel free to contact us and we'll try to help
Luke & Barbara