Windy Ridge Cottages
Terms & Conditions of Hire
- Reservations are made for you upon receipt of a non-returnable deposit. This is currently £100 per cottage per week booked or part thereof.
- The balance of the payment can be included at the time of booking. If not, this should be paid in full at least 6 weeks prior to the start of your stay. The owners reserve the right to re-let the cottage if the balance is not paid on time. For bookings made 40 days or less in advance the full cost of the stay is payable at the time of booking or as expressly agreed otherwise.
- Cancellation should be notified as soon as possible. We will try our best to re-let the property and if we are successful we will make a refund of £25.00 per night, payable on a night by night basis for those relet. If we cannot let the property no refund will be payable. It may therefore be worth considering cancellation insurance.
- A £100 deposit is required on arrival. This will be posted back to you the day after checking out, after inventory and damage survey.
- You are required to leave the property, fittings and utensils in a clean and tidy condition at the end of your stay. You are responsible for keeping the property, all furniture and effects in the same state of repair / condition as at the start of your stay.
- If you have arranged to bring a pet (maximum 1 per cottage, unless otherwise agreed to) you must also agree to the additional pets terms and conditions relating to the same. If you have not received these, a copy is available on request.
- Departure time is 11 am / Arrival time is from 2 pm
- Smoking is not permitted anywhere within the buildings.
- We retain right of access to the cottages at all times.
- The owners shall not be liable for any accident, damage, loss, injury, expense or inconvenience whether to person or property howsoever caused.
- The owners reserve the right to terminate your stay without refund if the behaviour of any person or persons staying in the cottage is considered unacceptable or if the number of occupants exceeds the number booked and paid for.
- If the property cannot be made available from the arranged start date of your stay for any reason, the owners shall refund the full cost of the stay. The owners’ liability is limited to the refund of such monies.
- If after the start of your stay the property cannot be made available, the owners shall refund the full cost of any unavailable dates on a pro rata basis. The owners’ liability is limited to the refund of such monies.
- The owners should be informed as soon as possible of any failures, breakages or damages in order to try to replace or rectify the problem. You are responsible to us for the cost of repair or replacement of any breakages or damages on a like for like basis.
- Electricity Meters; We will pre credit the meters with 11 kw per day in advance for the amount of days of your stay, i.e. 3 days stay = 33 kw any amount used over and above this you will have to pay for via the £1 / £2 coin meter. ( 11 kw electricity allowance is more than enough for any ones normal usage, but if you like leaving the heating on all the time then it may cost you a little extra )
- Candles or any such naked flames are not permitted in the cottages.
- Chip pans or fryers are not permitted in the cottages
- In the event of discovering a fire you should immediately
alert all occupants of other cottages
close all doors and windows
dial 999 and inform the fire-brigade
Inform the owners on 07989 819478/07940 764635